Q&A with CEO, Erin Zwigart
We caught up with CEO, Erin Zwigart to chat about Georgia Crafted's newly relaunched subscription box and why she's so excited to bring Georgia Crafted back to its roots.
- What made you want to bring the subscription box program back to Georgia Crafted?
Georgia Crafted was started as a subscription box company and after 4 years of non-stop searching for NEW Georgia-made products, we needed a break. We technically brought back the program late last year, but never made a formal announcement. Now, we have a new logo and new name: The Georgia Crafted Discovery Box.
- Georgia Crafted has some amazing products, how did you narrow down your selection for this first box?
August is one of my most favorite months - mainly because it's my Birthday month. :) I thought this would be the perfect time to introduce to our existing and new followers not only some of my favorite items, but what have been some of the best-sellers for the past 9 years. The products we will be including are all staples in my house! :)
- The first box features all “Erin’s Favorites,” what other kind of themed boxes can we look out for in the subscription program?
September is going to be super fun, along the same lines of "Erin's Favorites", we will be introducing to everyone "Lunch Box Favorites". This will be a collection of Georgia-made items that our two girls (ages 10 and 12) love to pack in their lunch boxes...and items we think are perfect for adult lunch boxes too!
October is, as far as we are concerned, the BEST month out of the entire year as we kick off Fall. You will be seeing a completely new collection of Fall favorites.
November will be centered around a Thankful theme.
- What’s a brand or product not currently in the Georgia Crafted lineup that you’d love to have included.
I would love to see products from Paula Deen, as she is one of my favorite Southern chefs. I'd also LOVE to find some cheeses that we could ship that are OK to not be refrigerated during the shipping process.
- What’s your biggest hope for the relaunch of the subscription box?
I would love to get back to our roots...share more stories about our makers and finding new people that are really excited about "discovering" Georgia-made goodies.
- What are three words that best describe this relaunch?
Discover Georgia Products.
We Can't Wait.
- What’s your biggest goal for Georgia Crafted over the next year?
I don't want to reveal too much, but we have some REALLY exciting things planned. Think...EXPANSION. ;)
- What brings you the most joy about being CEO for Georgia Crafted?
Relationships. I love, love, love building new relationships with our makers and learning their stories. It has brought me so much joy to meet these folks and I have developed friendships for a lifetime. And, I have to say that sampling new products is pretty darn fun too. :)
The subscription box can be purchased for 1, 3 or 6 months and is perfect for gifts, or just treating yourself and discovering new Georgia made products. We hope you'll consider subscribing!